Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Janet Jackson






After chatting with one of the Bruthas last night I thought I would make a list of my favorite Janet slow jams. While she is most famous for her uptempo, dance friendly pop records I always thought that Janet excelled at slow jam records. Her voice is thin enough to be sexy and sensual. I am not familiar with anything off the Damita Jo, 20 YO, and Disciple albums as I have no desire to listen to them..lol.. I may come back later to add commentary on each track. This was hard to rank.. but here goes..

1. Funny How Time Flies(from the Control album)
2. Someday is Tonight(from Rhythm Nation 1814)
3. Anytime Anyplace (from Janet)
4. China Love (from All For You)

5. 24 Play (from Design of a Decade)

6. Let's Wait Awhile(from Control)

7. Would You Mind(from All For You)

8. 70's Love Groove (B side)

9. Comeback to Me (from Rhythm Nation 1814)

10 Again (from Janet & Poetic Justice)

1 comment:

  1. I strongly agree. Funny how time flies is a classic. And I don't even acknowledge those three albums as a part of her discography.

    ReplyDelete